Prince Harry kept away from the royal estates during his surprise trip to the UK earlier this week. The Duke of Sussex has made a surprise return to the UK for the first time since the late Queen's funeral - but did not meet with the King or the Prince of Wales. Royally Obsessed podcast hosts Roberta Fiorito and Rachel Bowie discussed where the royal stayed after being asked to "vacate" Frogmore Cottage earlier this year.
Ms Fiorito said: "One of the big questions everyone is asking is where is Harry staying.
"Fox News has the scoop that he's staying with friends in London.
"I also saw he could be staying with Princess Eugenie. Obviously, they're very close.
"It is a big question because he's out of Frogmore Cottage at the end of March, that timing would also work out."
READ MORE: Prince Harry and Meghan 'trying to be royals in US', says expert
Prince Harry's arrival at the High Court this week may have been intended to "test the waters" with the British public before the Duke and Duchess of Sussex decided to attend King Charles's Coronation, a royal expert has said.
However, royal commentator Hilary Fordwich said she believes the Sussexes are facing a "lose-lose situation" as a result of the fallout from their Netflix series and Harry's memoir, Spare, both of which contained stinging criticism of the British royals including allegations of racism - and could even be booed.
Harry and Meghan's spokesperson confirmed a "request" had been made for the Sussexes to give up Frogmore Cottage close to Windsor Castle.
Royal commentator Lee Cohen has told Express.co.uk that the royal couple "got what they wanted" after two years of giving interviews about the Royal Family.
He said: "The duo got what they wanted to withdraw from Britain and from the duties that were never a fit for them.
"They were initially welcomed with great joy in the country where Harry is a Prince of the Blood, but their behavior has understandably made them deeply unpopular there, so why should Frogmore or any residence be reserved for them when they don't want to be there and neither do the citizens of Britain want them there.
"The King has shown great patience and empathy for his son in the face of all the insufferable insults and assaults."
Meanwhile, royal expert Kinsey Schofield pointed out the timing of the announcement is "very strange" after Harry and Meghan's popularity reached an all-time low.
Speaking to GB News, she said: "The timing on this is all very strange and I do wonder if this is a story leaked by the Sussexes to try and garner sympathy after several really hard weeks of criticism.
"Between Spare and South Park, they have taken some severe hits lately and it does make you wonder if this story popped up out of nowhere for people to feel sorry for them."
The eviction decision is likely to be interpreted as a major rebuke by Charles to his son, who since moving to North America in 2020 has criticised the monarchy and individuals within the institution alleging racism and a lack of support.
With the couple's permanent UK base now gone, there will be speculation about whether they will receive an invite to the King's coronation on May 6.
A spokesperson for the couple said: "We can confirm the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been requested to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage."Follow our social media accounts here on facebook.com/ExpressUSNews and @expressusnews 2023-04-01T13:15:47Z dg43tfdfdgfd